Wednesday 30 June 2010

2-Step Stamping Is Tops During July

Hi all,
Stampin' Up! have come up with another great promotion for the month of July - selected 2-STEP STAMPING stamp sets for the usual nice price  THEN SUBTRACT A FURTHER 20%.   Details of Stamp Sets and Prices.  Take note of the ** - this means these sets are retiring at the end of August. You might just want to purchase them now while they are discounted!

I love the way 2-step stamping creates such a professional finish and enables even the most novice stamper to achieve great results. There are a couple of little tricks to this great technique, so if you want to know what they are you may like to attend my workshop on THURSDAY 29th JULY. See my Demonstrator Website for class times and venue.
I've used 4 sets for these 2 samples:
Cheep Talk
Wonderful Favourites
Playful Petals
Tiny Tags (from the Autumn/Winter Mini Catalogue
Here are a couple of samples of what you can do with some of the sets that are on special.


What do you think of the colour combinations on this card? I'll be honest and tell you I was just wanting to use up some bits and pieces of card I had and I don't use Apricot Appeal very much so was a bit stumped as to what should go with it. Lightglobe flashed in my brain and I remembered my COLOUR COACH which told me the colours to match would be Celery and Lavender Lace. I being the individual that I am, decided I just had to add something a little stronger so the gorgeous Cameo Coral was added in the mat and flowers. The words, bird and leaves were all aligned with the STAMP-A-MAJIG and I used the 2-STEP BIRD PUNCH for the additional leaves. GOLD BRADS create little highlights in the centre of the flowers.


This card uses the Playful Petals and Tiny Tags stamp sets. I love the new clear mount stamps that can be found in the Autumn/Winter Mini catalogue. Particularly because of the small area they take up with storage, and also because they make it easy to see where you position the stamp on the page.


I tried to keep this colour range fairly harmonious, so selected Melon Mambo and Soft Suede to join the Cameo Coral card base. All 3 inks were applied with an AQUA PAINTER - this made the colouring very quick. I tried to find my lovely LINEN THREAD in my very untidy stamping studio, but it was no where to be seen, so I took some HEMP TWINE, unfurled it then divided it in 2 to achieve a very similar effect.

I hope this has inspired you to take another (or maybe a first) look at 2-STEP STAMPING. You are welcome to contact me if you'd like to take advantage of the July Promotion. I'll advise payment options and place your order .

Remember, if you'd like to attend a workshop dedicated to 2-STEP STAMPING TECHNIQUES please check my DBWS for class times and venue.

Well I've come to the end of my first post on this blog. The computer has only crashed 5 times but the great thing is I haven't lost all the work I'd typed in. I think I'm going to love Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.