Wednesday 22 September 2010

Animal Magic

I love water colour painting and I'm finding this technique really great for quickly adding colour to stamped images. The WC paper from Stampin' Up is terrific quality and the colour flows on easily when applied with an Aqua Painter or WC brush. This card is one I'm entering in the Papertake Weekly Challenge called Animal Magic.

Such a cute image! (A retired Stampin' Up! set)

I always like to leave some of the white paper showing through when I colour as I think it creates lovely highlights. After all - you can't paint on white water colour can you?

I made the heart from a chipboard shape and the greeting is embossed then sponged.

The earthy colours  go well with Navy. Did you notice that I don't use black for shadows? I find black very strong and unkind to other colours - I'd much rather use a dark blue for my shadows.

Hope you like the card.

Ann

4 comments:

  1. Hello Ann - this is just gorgeous! I love that image and you have coloured it so beautifully! I always learn so much from looking at your work - thanks for being such an inspiration! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card! The watercolor of the puppy in the boot is truly a piece of art! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I really like your coloring, it's amazing. Thanks for joining us over at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colouring and such a lovely, sweet card.

    Thanks for joining us at "anything goes" this week.

    Love Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.