Friday 1 October 2010

Artistic Etchings Side Step in Red, Black and White

I'm not really a red person, but I've been enjoying using this colour combo on a number of cards lately. It started out with using just Black & White, but some of the cards cried out for a bit of colour and Red was the obvious answer.

Today's card is made using the Side Step layout where you have a regular sized card (or any size for that matter) fold it in half, and create valley and mountain folds on one side of it. I've used the lovely Artistic Etchings stamp set in the new Stampin' Up!® Idea Book & Catalogue. There are so many cool images in this set and it is perfect for creating a collage of images. Here is my card.



I really like obtaining different values of a colour by stamping off, and enjoy the collage technique of building the final product by over-stamping lots of different images.



This view shows more clearly how the side step card works. I've just added stamped panels to give extra height and interest to the side steps. I am entering this card in the Stampin B's Challenge # 78

Hope you like it - I actually used stamps from a couple of other Stampin Up sets too - just goes to show how easily everything matches up. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous side step card and those images are terrific!! It looks super in the red, white, and black. Great job!! Thanks for joining the Stampin B's this week. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Benzi
    thanks for your lovely comment. I'm only just starting in the blog world and find it very encouraging as well as lots of fun to enter challenges. I love the way your challenges are so open - no rules is good rules in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (Belated) World Card Making Day from Papercraft Star! We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and there is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.