Wednesday 6 October 2010

Big Shot Embellishments for Scrap Pages.

Hi there! I've got the scrappin' bug again - 2 pages in a week, and what fun it has been. As I have 3 more scrap classes in the next week I'm sure to get some more done too. Whoo hoo!

This months scrap classes are concentrating on creating embellishments with the Big Shot Die Cutting machine.

There are lots of different ways this can be done and the biggest problem for me was deciding just which one I'd use. As I was aiming to get this page done quickly, I decided to use my new SIMPLE NUMBERS ALPHABET and the very versatile LITTLE LEAVES Sizzlits Die as the main tools.  I also used the exclusive to Stampin' Up!® HEARTS & BRACKETS Originals Die. The brackets are fantastic and come in 2 sizes.

Here is the completed project: It is a 12 x 12" page.


The basic page is from a retired Stampin' Up! double sided textured paper set that provided the perfect ready-made border for this old wedding photo. I then tore a piece of A4 Cajun Craze and trimed it to fit inside the border.

When you purchase any of the accessories like the NUMBERS ALPHABET the die comes with a light cardboard backing. I had saved all these and found them to be the perfect match  and thickness for the large numbers and the brackets. I simply sponged a little SAHARA SAND on the edges. The LITTLE LEAVES  are cut from textured Sahara Sand and Cajun Craze card stock, and the pearls are the larger size from the new BASIC PEARLS  set from Stampin' Up! The flowers are part of the NUMBERS ALPHABET so that makes it very handy.

This photo shows the interplay of texture on the backing page, the card stock and the leaves and flower. Often texture can create a great effect without the need for too much colour.

I purposely kept this page simple - the photo is precious - one of only a few remaining from our wedding, so I didn't want it overshadowed by lots of competing shapes and colours.


 And aren't these  large numbers fantastic? They cut so cleanly and fill up so much space - I love them. Again, I've used the packing cardboard for them - it is just like chip board. The flowers have been raised with dimensionals and lightly sponged around the edges.

I also showed the girls how to do inked dry embossing a number of different ways. Because this is such a "wow" technique, I'll devote an entire post to it, or maybe create a tutorial.

Hope you enjoy the page.


 

1 comment:

  1. hi!This was a really magnificentsuper subject!
    I come from roma, I was fortunate to seek your topic in google
    Also I learn a lot in your theme really thanks very much i will come daily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.