Sunday 31 October 2010

Christmas Flip Album

Here I have a super little project that is made from just one 12" x12" piece of card stock, then embellished with part of a Simply Scrappin' Kit from Stampin' Up!®. The kit is now retired, but the same project can be made with any of the Simply Scrappin' Kits and coordinating card stock, or you can stamp and create your own embellishments for a really individual creation.


I  love how these kits have the gorgeous borders and patterns, and the quality of the self adhesives is card stock thickness, so it goes really well with your own stamped embellishments. I've also added some Designer Papers in some areas, and the large bow, that doubles as a clasp for the album, adds a soft contrast to the rest of the project.


Of course you can decorate each of the pages as you wish. I've left some spaces for journalling and photos, but had loads of fun creating the decorations. I usually take lots of time making up embellishments and it is a nice change to just "peel and stick" once in a while.


 Hope you like the album. I'm going to make a few more of these as a stocking stuffer for the family.

I am entering this project in the following challenges:
  • Pile It On - red, white and green, plus something soft. red and green colour challenge
  • The Ribbon Girl - colour challenge -red and green
  • Delightful Challenges - It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas (oops - too late for this one. I'm still finding the time zone differences confusing!)
I'll be offering a class on these albums later in November so just contact me if you are interested to join in. If you can't make it, I can provide you with kit for 1, 2 or 3 albums with full instructions and inclusions. Just contact me for further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.