Tuesday 5 October 2010

Scrappin' Again.

Well, it's been a long time since I completed a scrap page, and certainly ages since I scrapped anyone or anything other than my gorgeous little grandson, Tyler. However I was looking through some old photos the other day and found this one of my now 35 yr old daughter Lee. Yes this was taken way back in the summer of 76 -77. She was such a cute little thing, so funny waddling around the yard with her bottle clenched between her teeth. I guess that was to keep the hands free so she could steady herself.



The embellishments on this page were the topic for my September Scrap Classes. - Kissing technique to create embellishments for a page. This is a fun technique that enables you to make truly individual embellishments in the colour combinations you choose.

It is quite an easy technique too. You need 2 colours - one light and one darker works best, but you can experiment with all sorts of colour combinations.

You also need 2 stamps - one solid image and one smaller pattern. Just don't try to "kiss" with script as it will print backwards!

The easiest way to start out is to ink the solid image in the lightest of your 2 colours, and ink the more detailed image in the darker colour. "Kiss" the 2 stamps together creating a pattern on the larger solid stamp, then stamp as normal onto your card stock. Voila - you have a pattern you have created on what would normally be a large solid colour stamp.  Have a look at the detail...


I used Pink Pirouette and Basic Gray on two of the flowers and Baja Breeze and Basic Gray on the other one. The edges of all the flowers and the leaves were sponged with the Basic Gray too. I've added highlights to the centres of the flowers using a variety of Stampin' Up! products, including:
Designer Brads: Filigree
Rhinestone Brads: Clear
Basic Gray card stock distressed and split, and punched shapes from a retired SU punch.

The flourishes are grunge board inked with Craft White, so they retain a little of the grey colour showing  through. The wording is from retired some Stampin' Up! Rub Ons sets that were in my stash.

If you live in the ACT area and would like to attend my Scrap Classes, they are held in my studio on the 1st Tuesday and Thursday of the month and the 2nd Monday and Wednesday of the month at 7.15 pm. I have spaces in each class except the Wednesday classes, so please select the Workshops and Classes drop down menu at the top of the page for more information.

I am also interested in starting a day time scrap class - contact me if you are interested. The same conditions apply as for the evening classes.
Thanks for stopping by

 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.