Thursday, 23 June 2011

Flower Pots for All Occasions

Flowers are a traditional gift for many occasions, they are a beautiful gift but it often bothers me that they wither and die after a short while. 

At my last Stamp A Stack evening I decided to give the Flower Pot cards that I've seen on various blogs over the years a try, but I wanted to create some for special occasions. As I am an expectant grandmother (and very excited about it too) I seem to be focusing on baby things and hence one of the designs I came up with is quite suitable to give for new babies.





The flowers are all constructed from die cut shapes using the Stampin' Up!® exclusive Blossom Party Originals Die. 

This is such a quick and easy method of creating the flowers as you just place  3 layers of different colour card on the die, make a sandwich with the two cutting mats, and wind it through the Big Shot. 

I have used 4 colours in the flowers on this project: So Saffron, Bashful Blue. Pink Pirouette and Pretty in Pink. The leaves are die cut with the Little Leaves Sizzlits Die ( Certainly Celery card)


The detail shot shows how I've layered the different blooms. I glued these together with the 2-Way Glue Pen. I love that for fiddly sizes. Then the flower centres are popped up on a dimensional and topped with a Basic Pearl. 


The flowers are then arranged on the top of a slider that sits inside the flower pot. Dimensionals are used to lift the flowers a little off the slider so they can happily fit over the front of the flower pot.


Stamp a greeting on the card and leave some room for your own message and you have a wonderful keepsake for new parents. I can just envisage it on a scrap page. Perhaps I'd better make one for myself so I can scrap it after my new grandchild arrives!

I'll be back shortly with the other Flower Pot design.

Until then 

Stay Crafty!


6 comments:

  1. AAWW I will have to create this card just delightful!! A class I think?? Cheers Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful love it just found your blog now following hello!!!!
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this card, UR Creative

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea. Would be great to tuck a gift card inside. Have made one like it but have always just put it on front of card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!!!
    What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects. Best wishes, Ann.