Monday 6 June 2011

Mini Tote by Mr Big Shot

Hi stampers,

As promised here is the second of our projects from my Big Shot and Creative Craft day - a very cute Mini Tote made with the Stampin' Up!® exclusive Top Note die. This die is one of our most versatile and popular shapes, and can be used in so many ways. (check out other ideas using the Top Note label on the sidebar)


And aren't these cute? 

You can see the embossed fabric sides to the mini totes and we created the ribbon flowers and fabric tags too! All products used (except the fabric) are from Stampin' Up! although some are from my stash and are no longer available. The fabric is cotton based from my vast collection of fabrics - I used to do lots of sewing before I discovered stamping!


We lined the Totes too. It is all so easy.

To show the girls different methods of adhesion, we used the fantastic Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (Autumn/Winter Mini p. 9) on the outer sides of the tote and the Anywhere Glue Stick on the inside. Both work equally well for projects like this. 


Another of our projects was to create some tiny envelopes to pop inside these little totes.
Again, the fabric was adhered to card stock, then the shape was cut out with the Big Shot - this time using the Stampin' Up! exclusive Scallop Envelope Die (p. 154 Idea Book & Catalogue) and then the shapes were placed inside the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, and wound through the Big Shot to achieve the texture you can see in the photo.


Just imagine these as a cute little Christmas bag or something purpose made for a special occasion. Change the fabric and width of the tote base and the potential is unlimited. 
If you don't have loads of fabric you can use some Stampin' Up! Designer Series Papers that give delightful results too. 

If you'd like measurements for this bag just contact me via my Demonstrator Business Website and I'll help you out.

There are still a couple more projects from our Craft Day, but I'll post those later - maybe tomorrow. It's my regular day with my grandson today and we have swimming classes to attend! 

Until next time

Stay Crafty!  


1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for the information of this project. AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.