Sunday 18 September 2011

Stampin Up Scrap Class - September

Whew! I've had four scrap page nights this week - fun but exhausting. 

I missed my regular nights due to being interstate. I so wanted to catch up with my scrapping friends - we have such a lovely time and I love to see all the different interpretations of the scrap maps I give the girls. This week was no different - some new girls joined us one night and Debby from Debbles Dabbles kindly assisted me with helping them get started. 

It can be a bit overwhelming at first - I have so many Stampin' Up! goodies in my studio to choose from, and I believe in trying to inspire my scrappers to create something unique to their own style, rather than telling them to copy my examples. Supplying technique information and a scrap map are a great start, and this month I even had a sample page completed.

After about 12 months of concentrating on single photo layouts, I decided to try some multiple photo layouts and this is the first of them. 


And here is my solution. Poor little Tyler was not feeling well recently when he spent his regular Monday with Grandma, and he just fell asleep on the floor. 


I matched the bright colours from his jacket and pillow case to some lovely Blueberry Crisp DSP and Real Red card stock from Stampin' Up!


I'm a big fan of punched edges for a quick effect - likewise torn edges add character to some pages and I think, are quite suitable for little boys.  Here I've used the SCALLOP EDGE PUNCH and the LACE RIBBON BORDER PUNCH - both available from Stampin' Up!

Buttons and circles are a great filler for boys - you can punch the shapes and layer them for added interest. Choose a number of different styles and colours in buttons for a more casual feel in the layout. 


The new PETITE PENNANTS BUILDER PUNCH  is an absolute essential for this quick page title. Isn't it cute? You just punch out 2 different colours of card stock and you have enough for two Pennant Headings. Thread some LINEN THREAD through holes punched in each corner (use the CROPODILE for easy positioning of each hole) and you've created a unique page title.


If you live in the Canberra region, you are most welcome to join my classes. See regular dates in the sidebar listing and contact me to secure your place. Some class nights  fill quickly, and I don't like to overcrowd.

Hope to see you soon

Until then

Stay Crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.