Wednesday 26 October 2011

Book Cover and Book Mark in Black and White

What fun I had this afternoon - I went into my studio to commence preparations for next week's workshops, and typical of me, got waylaid and ended up stamping this journal cover and creating a bookmark to go with it. Sometimes I wish I could discipline that wayward imagination of mine!

So here is the journal cover...


I left the natural chipboard cover partially exposed and stamped some old Stampin' Up!® images using Black Stazon ink on Whisper white Card. The small images were masked as I piled them one on top of the other. 

The bookmark is at the RHS and has the feature of being adjustable to a variety of sized books. 


The bookmark is made in Black and White using the "Creative Elements" stamp set with some of the filigree design hand coloured in black. This gives it a more graphic quality and helps to balance the black doily image that has been cut from a strip punched with the Lace Ribbon Border Punch. A white paper flower from Stampin' Up! and some Black Scallop Dots Ribbon, a large white button from the Neutrals button range and highlights of Basic Jewels: Rhinestones and Pearls  keep everything coordinated.



I used a blender pen to bring a little Crumb Cake ink into the stamped images, tore the edge of the white card and sponged it with both Crumb Cake and Black inks. The flora images are stamped off.

This was a fun project and I do like working in monotones. If you would like to learn more you can contact me via my Demonstrator Business Web Site. The bookmark is on my list for projects for one or more of next week's workshops, and I can't wait to see how the guests complete their projects.

Until Nex Time,

Stay Crafty


1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is a gorgeous project, Ann. Well worth getting waylaid! (I can relate to that, big time!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.