Wednesday 29 February 2012

Celebrate, Cakes and Papers

Today's card is one I made recently that includes lots of reasons to Celebrate.

SALE-A-BRATION with Stampin' Up is in full swing and it's not too late to be part of this Stampin' Up!® celebration. You can earn free products like the OUTLINED OCCASIONS stamp set  and the EVERY ENCHANTMENT Designer Series Papers  used in this card. 

Contact me if you'd like more information on the Sale-A-Bration Promotion or help with card making.

Using patterned papers on card is such a quick way to get a great result, so if you have to make a few cards in a rush, reach for your papers and combine them with coordinating coloured card stock and a couple of punches and see the magic appear.





I've used a BLENDER  PEN  and some POOL PARTY  ink to lightly colour in the letters of the "Celebrate" stamp. Being an outline stamp gives you so many opportunities to customize this as you wish. 

This very simple card sketch is dressed it up a little by matting on coordinating card and punching a border. 

The SCALLOP TRIM BORDER punch is one of my all time favourites. It gives such a lovely decorative finish to strips and is so quick and easy to align. 

The other punch used on this card is the CUPCAKE BUILDER PUNCH. It's great to punch out a variety of papers and then assemble them in lots of different ways. The left overs can go in a box for another time. 

Have a look at the lovely detail. Not only can you have "a cherry on top", but there are candles and sprinkles all included in the punch.


One of the cupcakes is raised on STAMPIN' DIMENSIONALS and the little hearts are from the HEART TO HEART PUNCH  that has 3 hearts of different sizes.

I'll leave you today with a challenge to think of 5 different ways you could use this basic sketch in your card making,

Until Next Time

Stay Crafty!


1 comment:

  1. I loved this card....well I loved all the cards we made, & it worked so well. Hope you continue this style for the stampastack! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.