Thursday 2 February 2012

Christmas Card Stamp-A-Stack February 2012

Stamp A Stacks are so much fun and last night I held my first Christmas card class for 2012. I teach a Stamp A Stack class for Christmas cards every month (the first Wednesday) and one for "other" cards on the 3rd Monday of the month. I always look forward to catching up with card makers and seeing just what they come up with. 

I love to encourage individuality in card making, so although I prepare packs and have samples created, my stamping friends can add any of their own character to the cards. My "stash" is there for them to rummage through enabling some gorgeous interpretations of my samples. 

I have decided this year that each class there will be one "Clean and Simple" design and one more complicated design, with the participants making 3 of the CAS style and 2/3 of the more complicated style. This format worked well last night, so I'll continue it for a while.  Gotta say it was so good to be back doing classes and hopefully inspiring as well as receiving a creative boost.

Here is the CAS style card.



I relied on a combination of shape and texture to create balance in this card. The star is from one of Stampin' Up!'s "A la Carte" range which simply means a single stamp that can be purchased. This particular one Stylish Star and can be found in the Summer Mini Catalogue (you might like to have a look at some of the other great inclusions)

The star is embossed with gold then punched out with the Large Star punch, raised on dimensionals above the white circular motive that comes from the Perfect Pennants Bigz L Die. This in turn is adhered to a strip of Whisper White that  is dry embossed with the very versatile and subtle "Stripes" Textured Embossing folder. All of this is matted on some gold Christmas wrapping paper. The greeting is also Gold heat embossed.

I don't usually do CAS style cards but thoroughly enjoyed this one. 
I think it fulfills the challenge for Less is More Week 52 Sketch.



And here is a detail of the stamped image.


Now that I've started I think I might do more of these challenges at the Less is More site.

Until Next Time

Stay Crafty


3 comments:

  1. This is a super card Ann, I love that star stamp and embossed it looks fab!
    Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next time.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab, love it. Great take on the sketch

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're off to a great start for your Christmas cards this year! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.