Monday 18 June 2012

Create Unique Papers With Stamps

At our recent Stampin' Up! Convention we were entertained by many of our fellow demonstrators who brought fantastic ideas with them. This idea of creating your own unique background papers for scrap pages really struck a chord with me as I love to Collage Stamp. I've also recently re-discovered the fabulous Patterns Designer Series Paper Stacks, as they come in all the coordinating colours of the Stampin' Up! inks. 

This is what I came up with ...



 I started with So Saffron patterned paper that had lots of writing on it. You'll see it more clearly in one of the detail photos. I added lots of images using my favourite Stampin' Up! stamp set - French Foliage, plus some other images from Nature Walk and Wedding Suite


Stampin' Up! Classic Ink Colours are Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Not Quite Navy. Then I sponged randomly around the edges. Next  I tore some Well Worn DSP to create the contrasting strip across the page, and to make the round flowers. The leaves are stamped from French Foliage, sponged and cut out.  I also used the fantastically versatile Framelits - Labels Collection  to highlight either side of the photograph.


Here you can see all the Collage Stamping as well as just make out the original background. I gave this challenge to my scrap class this month and they really enjoyed it after their initial hesitation. Made them think outside the box!!

Well that's it for today,

Until Next Time

Stay Crafty and Stay Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.