Saturday 6 October 2012

Evergreen Christmas

Today I have a Christmas card where I have to admit to indulging my love of an "earthy" style.
I love to tear paper, sponge and ink, simply so I can create something unique. This card uses all of those techniques, and combined with the lovely new stamp set EVERGREEN (you'll find it on p. 18 of the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue) I like the way it turned out. I also love the new NATURALS WHITE  card stock - it has extra body and is great to use as a card base. It also goes really well with the more "natural" styled cards.


The EVERGREEN  stamp set from Stampin' Up! is made up of 5 stamps. I've used just 2 of them on the card. 
I've also used the textured embossing folders, HOLIDAY FRAME (new) and one of my favourites:  SQUARE LATTICE, plus the gorgeous little rectangular DESIGNER FRAMES FOLDER.  One thing I've found with this folder is when using it with my BIG SHOT, I need to have it open at no tabs as it is a deeply etched folder and sometimes cuts through the paper.



The SQUARE LATTICE folder is pre inked prior to inserting the paper and embossing with the BIG SHOT.  I used Stampin' Up! inks - Old Olive and Soft Suede for sponging and stamping, and the verse was inked with Early Espresso.


The card was a little dull and I love a little sparkle so I randomly swiped a VERSA MARK INK PAD over the textured areas and heat embossed with gold.
As usual, I used a combination of a variety of techniques to create the card. I am constantly inspired by the level of creativity achievable through Stampin' Up! and it's high quality products.

If you would like to learn more about Stampin' Up! you can contact me via my Demonstrator Business Website

I hope you enjoy this card,

Until next time,

Stay Crafty and Stay Happy


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.