Friday 5 October 2012

Split Background with Stampin' Up!

I've seen a couple of cards around using this technique and thought I'd give it a try for this months Christmas Stamp A Stack,  using some of the Stampin' Up! snow flake images. 
The SNOW SWIRLED  stamp set. (p. 18 of the Annual Catalogue) is wonderful for this type of background stamping as it has images of different sizes that give you a nice variety. I used the new SNOWFLAKE SOIREE set (Holiday Catalogue) on this card.

In addition I used my favourite little image from FRENCH FOLIAGE - the little splotches - to add the impression of smaller snow flakes. 


 Most of the stamping was done using BASHFUL BLUE Classic Ink, and the splotches are stamped in MARINA MIST.  I find those two colours blend together very nicely.



The greeting was inked up with VERSA MARK  then MARINA MIST  ink. CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER was added and heated with the HEAT TOOL. I then spritzed the full area with a mist made from FROST WHITE SHIMMER PAINT,  water and Isocol. I used the nicely sized  and new STAMPIN' SPRITZER spray bottle. This is a great new addition to the range of tools in our catalogues.
The snowflake embellishment is made with the 2 smaller parts of the SNOW FLURRY BIGZ DIE (p. 14 of the Holiday Catalogue) and SILVER GLIMMER PAPER.  

I've added another card to show how versatile this technique is. This time using the ELEMENTS OF STYLE  stamp set. The floral image was heat embossed with black embossing powder and coloured with RASPBERRY RIPPLE, PRIMROSE PETAL (2 of our new IN COLORS) and the good old favourite - OLD OLIVE Classic Inks, using an AQUA PAINTER. 


I hope you enjoy these cards - they are fun to make and the technique lends itself to many varieties of card. Contact me if you'd like further information on the technique or if you'd like to attend some of my classes.

Until next time

Stay Crafty and Stay Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.