Monday 11 February 2013

Stylin' Snowfolk Shaker Card

Today I have the other shaker card we made from Stampin Up products at the Christmas Stamp A Stack last week. 

I love the cute little bird from the STYLIN' SNOWFOLK  stamp set, and found the images really easy to colour with my STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS using the direct to rubber technique. This set is very versatile, comprising 22 different stamps to create a whole variety of cards.




I used MIDNIGHT MUSE, RASPBERRY RIPPLE and SUMMER STARFRUIT Stampin' Write Markers. I love these new IN COLORS  from Stampin' Up!® - they are so trendy at present with all the Autumn fashion using these exact colours. I placed both the clear mount stamps on the one block so I could determine the exact composition and not have to worry about getting the star in the correct position. This ensured that I stayed within the confines of the circular opening.

The large white circle is punched using the 6.4 cm CIRCLE PUNCH. The centre is punched out with the 3.5 cm CIRCLE PUNCH.  The scalloped RASPBERRY card is punched with the 6 cm SCALLOP CIRCLE PUNCH  and the 4.4 cm CIRCLE PUNCH. Note: it is always easier to centre these if you punch the smaller inner circle first, then punch your larger shape around the outside of the inner circle.


I always like to use heat embossing when trying for a white greeting on a dark coloured card. Don't forget to use you EMBOSSING BUDDY first tho or you will end up with lots of little white specks. 
The greeting is from the MORE MERRY MESSAGES  stamp set (p. 15 of the Annual Catalogue) and I've added a few rhinestones from the RHINESTONE BASIC JEWELS pack. 

And here is the finished card.




I've added some WHITE BAKERS TWINE  and once again I've hand drawn a line around the edgeof the Raspberry Ripple card. WINDOW SHEET (p. 160 AC) and the white UNI BALL SIGNO GEL PEN (p.157) are also available in Stampin' Up!'s Annual Catalogue

If you would like help with purchasing these products (must be resident in Australia or it's territories) Please contact me and I will have your order shipped directly to you.

Thanks for looking,

Until Next Time

Stay Crafty!

2 comments:

  1. Ann, this is an adorable card! The sentiment is so pretty - love the calligraphy. Your distressed edges and stitching look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donna. You are really sweet to make such nice comments. I hope you are enjoying some of my craft work.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.