Friday 12 April 2013

Crepe Filter Paper Flower

Today I have a versatile project using the CREPE FILTER PAPER  that you will find in the Stampin' Up!® Seasonal Catalogue. For a tiny $4.95 this paper gives you a very delicate result in flower making, and I've got to say .... 
I LOVE IT!


I added this flower to a Birthday Card. It adds a lovely focal point. The card is made with Bashful Blue card stock and the STRIPES and LACEY BROCADE Embossing Folders. If you missed out on the Lacey Brocade folder from the Occasions Catalogue before Christmas you are in luck because it is still available in the Seasonal Catalogue (p. 35) I've also used some Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon and created the lacy edge with the FINISHING TOUCHES EDGELIT (p. 190 Annual Catalogue)



So let's have a closer look at the flower.




I sponged the edges of the flower when it was all scrunched up and then lightly pulled it apart before spritzing it with a mixture of CHAMPAGNE MIST SHIMMER PAINT (p. 158 Annual Catalogue) and Isocol and water. The spritz makes the ink run a little giving a lovely natural edge to the flower. 

I made the flower using FRAMELITS - from the SECRET GARDEN  die set plus the new 2.2cm SCALLOP PUNCH that can also be found in the Seasonal Catalogue on page16.


These flowers are so soft and pretty - I can see myself making lots of them for a variety of purposes. I used 4 layers of each of the 3 shapes, piled them one on top of the other, and pierced a hole through the centre before adding a brad. 

Until Next time

Stay Crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.