Friday 12 April 2013

Thank You Note Set

Today I needed to think of a gift for a friend who is turning 75 and has requested "no gifts". I've talked myself into believing that something I made  could pass as a "no gift", and wanting to do something a little bit practical, decided on a set of Thank You Notes. 

It was easy to reach for some of my old favourite stamps from Stampin' Up!® - I wanted to keep the cards simple and a bit "earthy" so settled on using some retired CONFETTI CREAM card stock as the base of the card, combined with Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke and Bravo Burgundy card and inks. 




I varied the stamp placement a little on each card, and used the STAMPIN' OFF  technique to achieve different tones of the one colour.


The images looked a little too disconnected  so I stamped the small circular image from FRENCH FOLIAGE  (p. 86) and that brought the composition together a bit more.


I'm loving the  CRUMB CAKE ENVELOPES that are available from the Annual Catalogue (p.160) Just be aware that the size is slightly smaller than the regular C6 envelope and you'll need to adjust your card accordingly. 


I made a Belly Band to hold the cards together and then made a box using the SIMPLY SCORED SCORING TOOL (p. 181). It's really great how easy it is to custom make boxes of any size to fit your gifts. The texture on the Belly Band is from the SQUARE LATTICE EMBOSSING FOLDER - this is one of the most versatile embossing folders created by Stampin' Up! - it's wonderful for cards for both genders and gives 2 different patterns depending on which side you decide to use. 




And here's the box with its lid. The lid has  Paper Piercing detail and a WINDOW SHEET  insert so the gift can be seen without unwrapping it. The flower is made from Vanilla paper using a variety of Stampin' Up! punches.

I hope our friend likes her "no gift". I sure had fun making it.

If you would like to order any of the products I've used you can ORDER ON-LINE at my new on-line store. The products will be shipped directly to your home address. When you place an order, you can request FREE the instructions for making this project. 
All the benefits that you would receive as a Hostess still apply via ON-LINE ORDERING, so make sure if your order is over $300 that you have a Wish List ready with more items. Why? Because you will get Hostess dollars to spend if your order qualifies.

Until Next Time

Stay Crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.