Thursday 22 August 2013

Enjoy My Stampin Up Grand Vacation Journey

Hi everyone,
It's been a while since this wonderful vacation but I have been very busy at home with the Canberra Craft Fair and then a visit to Darwin. But finally I've sorted some photos to give you a glimpse of some of the fun and adventures that my friend and fellow demonstrator, Lorraine and I enjoyed. 

We left a couple of days early before the North American Stampin' Up! Convention - we were worried about jet lag, but need not have been, as neither of us suffered any at all. Our Qantas plane was half empty so there was plenty of room to spread out and enjoy our flight.

Photos are worth a thousand words so I'll use lots of them in this first installment. 


My new 2 week old grandson came (with mummy and dad) to farewell me very early in the morning at the airport.  It was wonderful to have a final cuddle before I left on the first leg from Canberra to Sydney. Next leg was Sydney - LAX, then LAX - Salt Lake City.


My US sister Joyce met us at the airport and took us straight to the Marriott where we unpacked and enjoyed our room. Then we headed to City Creek Shopping Centre that was right next door - Oh I love shopping in the USA! Ran into Vanessa Webb and friends who told us about the Pandora bargains, so as neither of us had a bracelet yet we thought it would be a wonderful memento of our trip.


 Next day Joyce was our guide and we started off with a visit to Thanksgiving Point where we visited the wonderful dinosaur museum. It is a fabulous hands on exhibit, beautifully displayed and suitable for adults and children

 

There is a very special place at Thanksgiving Point - built by our wonderful co-founder and CEO, Shelli. We were thrilled to visit and even more delighted to be treated to a 1 hour massage each. A million thanks to Melissa and Olivia for their expertise and soothing massages, and to Jeffy for organising such a thoughtful treat after our long flight. 


Of course we were hungry after all that pampering, so lunch at the healthy cafe in the Brick Canvas complex was a must.


 Here we are enjoying lunch.


The afternoon we spent strolling Temple Square, enjoying the beautiful gardens and buildings in Salt Lake City and becoming more excited  for the days to come. 

The USA Convention did not disappoint, in fact it was awesome. So many demonstrators who make so much noise!! but it  was a buzz of excitement audible from the moment we entered the Salt Lake Palace Convention Center - that buzz grew to almost a roar as we neared the area where demonstrators were queued waiting to go into the first General Session. The next 2 photos show the crowds looking from the middle to both ends. I think more than 6000.



So that is where I will leave it today. A little bit of suspense until I manage to sort some more photos and tell you about the next few days of fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.