Thursday 19 September 2013

Festive Flurry Ornament Card

Recently I assisted one of my new team members with her first Stampin' Up!® event - she did a wonderful job of organising the event and had assistance from myself and another friend Lovely Linda.

The event was a fundraising event for the Little Heroes Foundation for seriously ill children, and between the 3 of us the participants were treated to:
An off the page project designed and taught by Linda
A choice of 2 scrap page layouts  designed and taught by Debby
And 2 cards designed and taught by me.

As usual we over prepared for the event and didn't have enough time to complete all the projects, but I'll show you my project that the ladies chose to do with instruction.
I used the Festive Flurry Stamp Set (page 30 of the Holiday Catalogue) the coordinating Framelits and some of Stampin' Up's  gorgeous Silver Glimmer Paper.



The difference with this card is I designed the image to become an ornament that can be hung on the tree or as a decoration at Christmas Time. It is removable and leaves a nice snowflake image on the inside once it is removed. 

Pool Party ink and card stock combine beautifully with the Silver Glimmer Paper  and the new Silver Ribbon ( 132137) is the perfect detail for finishing the project.

The greeting is one of the 9 stamps in the "Christmas Messages" stamp set by Stampin' Up! This can be found on page 34 of the Holiday Catalogue.


 This is the front of the card.  I used one of the Circles Collection Framelits to cut out the window in the front panel, then applied some Tombow glue and Silver Glass Glitter.
The dry embossing is achieved by using one of the two lovely folders in the "Delicate Designs" set. (page 190 of the Annual Catalogue) A little shimmer was added by gently passing the 2-way Glue Pen over the raised areas then sprinkling Dazzling Diamonds over the area. 


Finally, the ornament has been topped with my new favourite embellishment - the Frosted Finishes Embellishments. These also can be found in the Holiday Catalogue - I know you will want them by the hundreds once you use them!

I hope you enjoy this card.
Take a look at the  tutorial by Stampin Up for making the ornaments and learn the tricks for achieving the lovely dimensions.

And as an added bonus you can purchase the  Festive Flurry stamps and Framelits as a Bundle and you will save 15%. Just head over to my on-line store and browse the catalogues. Your order will be posted directly to you.
If you don't like to order on-line you can contact me with your order and I'll sort that out for you

Until next time

Stay Crafty




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.