Monday 10 February 2014

A Banner Christmas

I love Christmas and today I finally (with the help of my 2 year old granddaughter) packed away the last of the decorations. I meant to do it ages ago, but kept getting distracted with other things and as we don't use the lounge room much, it just didn't matter. 

I started my monthly Christmas Card Stamp A Stack classes this month and the lovely ladies made 6 cards - 3 each of 2 designs.

This is the first card made using the new Stampin' Up! Banners Framelits Dies. 



It is a simple card using the following Stampin' Up! products. 
Festive Flurry Stamp Set # 131778
Festive Flurry Framelits Dies # 132193
Banners Framelits dies # 132173
Winter Frost Specialty  Designer Series Paper
Silver Glimmer Paper #124005
Whisper White Stitched  Grosgrain #126877
Card stock: Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana.


The greeting (you can use any greeting that fits) is heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder. It hasn't shown up very well in the photo but it looks really nice with the Smoky Slate card.
The snowflake has been layered with dimensionals and I cut out 3 different sizes of the snowflake.


A little extra bling was added using Stampin' Up! Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

It was fun to see one of the card makers change this design into 21st Birthday cards. She had 2 birthdays coming up, so simply substituted one of the Mixed Medley stamps for the snowflake and added "21" in Silver Glimmer paper over the top. Her cards looked really good too!
So, most of us will have about 50 Christmas cards by the end of the year - why don't you start yours now and save a rush at the end? 

If you would like to join my card classes please contact me to enquire about days and costs. 
The 1st Wednesday of the month is full, but I'm happy to run a repeat class on another night.

If you would like to order any of the products used on this card you can order on-line via my Demonstrator Website

Thanks for stopping by

Until next time,

Stay Crafty!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.