Tuesday 25 February 2014

Embossed Christmas with Washi Detail

I have another quick Christmas card for you today. It gains it's interest through using both types of embossing - heat and dry and a little details with Washi Tape.


I wanted to create an earthy yet simple look to the card so I ran some Naturals White card sandwiched between the Festive Flurry Embossing folder through my Big Shot. 

I cut a strip of the Naturals White ran a length of Washi Tape from the lovely new Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi tape pack (there are 3 reels with different patterns) and distressed the edges with the distressing tool. I then wrapped the strip with some linen thread and adhered it to the embossed card.


The greeting is heat embossed in gold (to match the gold design on the Washi) cut out with a framelit and sponged around the edges using Soft Suede ink. It is raised up on dimensionals.


The entire card front was then adhered to a Sahara Sand Card mat before being adhered to a Naturals White card base. I love the layers and the simplicity of this card. It was quick to make too, and the design would suit a number of different colour combinations.

Until Next time





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.