Friday 22 May 2015

Stampin Up Grand Vacation Swap Inspiration

I love travelling but really don't like the probability of catching a cold on the plane. Our return flight from the Stampin Up Grand Vacation in Hawaii was very cold and I just knew I'd end up with a cold and sure enough it hit me last night. Feeling a bit under the weather today, but after 3 classes this week I'm not surprised. 
We received a lovely pack of 26 swaps while at the GV and I was taken with the creativity of one that influenced this card that we did at our "Crafty Tuesday" meeting this week. The swap was created by Jackie Ross - thanks for the inspiration Jackie!

And here is my version - I've changed the colours and added a different greeting and a tiny bit of ribbon.


This is a gorgeous card that uses 2 stamp sets - Gorgeous Grunge and Sheltering Tree, from Stampin' Up!  I'm so pleased that both of these sets will carry over to the next catalogue that will be available to purchase from on June 2, 2015.

I used a pallet of the 2014 -2016 In Colors - Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Tangelo Twist and Hello Honey, plus Early Espresso for the tree trunk.


 I love how the Gorgeous Grunge set makes a great tree topper - it reminds me of our current Autumn season where the leaves are turning colour and flying off the tree with the wind blowing. I chose the colours to represent Autumn and am very happy with how they combined together.

Stampin' Up is retiring the very cute "Itty Bitty Banner" stamp set and coordinating framelits, that I used for the greeting. You can get this stamp set at a discount on the Retirement List but be quick as it will only be available until June 2nd 2015. 

I added a little bling to the tree canopy by colouring Rhinestone Basic Jewels with my Blendabilities. I'm keeping mine as I love how they work and I really enjoy using them. 
If you would like to re create this card you will need the following supplies. You may purchase them at my on-line store



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.