Thursday 27 August 2015

Stampin' Up! Achievers Blog Hop - Holiday Catalogue Sneak Peek



Hello and welcome to the Stampin' Up! Grand Vacation Achievers Blog Hop for August.
I'm so excited to be doing this hop for a couple of reasons:
1. I just last week achieved the next Grand Vacation - the Mediterranean Cruise - a dream come true for me - yippee!!
and
2. We get to give you a sneak peek of some of the gorgeous items that are in the new Holiday Catalogue.

Today was the first day I've had to play with my box of goodies from Demonstrator Pre-Order - it has been a frantically busy month with me and one of my team members participating in the 4 day Canberra Craft and Quilt Fair, and that involves a huge amount of work and preparation. Couple that with regular classes and events, and I've been battling a bug for about 6 weeks. However all is good now and I hope you love what I have prepared for you.

Christmas is a delightful time of the year, full of family gatherings, good food and lots of fun.  Funnily enough, even though it is summer here in Australia, I still love the concept of snowflakes and traditional Northern Hemisphere celebrations.

For my project I have made a non-traditional colour snowflake gift tag. Perhaps it is a little over the top for a gift tag, but it will be for a very special person.


I used the rich Black and White paper from "Winter Wonderland" DSP  and scored 2 strips @ 2 and 1/2 inches using my score board. Isn't that just the most gorgeous set of papers? After folding and joining the 2 strips, I hot glued them to a circle of black card to make the rosette.

I wanted to try every item in the Holiday Catalogue but did limit myself to about 7 or 8 different products!


Next I took one of the Spider Web Doilies, turned it over to the white side and embossed with heat and stick powder and silver glitter - stunning!

I couldn't go past using the "Sleigh Ride" Edgelits Dies, and chose the cute little houses. I have a "thing" about houses. I was surprised and pleased at how easily these pop out after running them through the Big Shot.
To make the tag a little more interesting and individual, I chose a greeting from the "Versatile Christmas" stamp set and heat embossed the words with White Embossing Powder.


There seemed to be a few blank spaces in my composition so I added some stamped snowflakes from the "Flurry of Wishes" stamp set, and punched them with the coordinating punch - Snow Flurry. You'll be able to get these 2 items as a bundle when ordering starts September 1st, so keep an eye out for savings like that in the new Holiday Catalogue. I wanted a bit of variety in these snowflakes and even though they come in 2 sizes I decided to emboss some with white onto Black Card and Silver Glitter onto black card.


I arranged them on Dimensionals, added some of the new Silver Cording Trim and Iced Rhinestone Embellishments and my tag was complete. I love to make eclectic items and this one sure has a lot of different heights, shapes and products in it, but it just goes to show what masters the designers at Stampin' Up! are - to be able to give us all these beautiful products that coordinate so well.


You should now take a look at the next blog in the line up below and enjoy all the wonderful ideas. Don't miss a single blog because they all have great ideas for using your new products from the Holiday Catalogue

You will be sure to want so many of these items when they are released on September 1st. They will be available on-line through my store or you may contact me if you want further help.

Have fun following along the Blog Hop and be inspired by all the super examples!





9 comments:

  1. So blingy and beautiful! Love your creative use of the webs!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly! I love the cobweb the most and the layers are making my heart go pitter pat! Beautiful Ann as always. Very inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous gift this would be. Really pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might just have to get those webs after all! Lovely project, Ann. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO many beautiful layers. I almost missed your use of the Sleigh Ride edgelits. I love the silver spider web doily...it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and sparkling project. Thanks for sharing. It is sooo glamourous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.