Saturday 27 February 2016

Friends and Flowers Easter Card

Do you want versatility from your stamps? I have an excellent rubber set from Stampin' Up! today that gives you lots of scope for creativity - it is called Friends and Flowers and as the name suggests, you can create both flowers and animals from it. 

I decided to create an Easter card for my Tuesday craft ladies  and they loved it. 


I used the Thick A4 white card stock from Stampin' Up! as the base of my card and also for the window frame. 

The background paper is one of the gorgeous patterns from the Love Blossoms DSP Stack. I chose this because I always like a to give my ladies scope for their own creativity and it is so easy to pass the stack around for them to choose their own sheet of paper. At just 15.2 cm square, it saves on preparation and gives the class a chance to use the Stampin Up! Trimmer when cutting it to size. It is amazing what a difference the choice of pattern makes to the finished card.
The window frame is cut on the Big Shot using the Hearth and Home Thinlits.


I stamped the bunny faces directly onto the Thick Whisper White, and positioned the ears as required. I also stamped 2 extra faces on a spare piece of card and punched them out using a Circle Punch. I water-coloured the bunny ears and face using Blushing Bride and Smokey Slate ink and an Aqua Painter.

For the flowers I used up the remainder of the background paper and the Blossom Bunch Punch. This is the pattern on the reverse side of the background paper. Then I added a selection of Neutrals Candy dots to create quick centres for the flowers.

Some of the flowers and the heads are raised on Dimensionals. Add a greeting - I chose Easter but this could easily be a child's birthday card with a different greeting. 

Below you will find a list of products that I've used in this project. You are welcome to order these products via my on-line store (Australian residents only) and please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.
Check the Hostess Rewards Code (top right hand side bar) and add that to the end of your order to be eligible to be in the draw for the rewards each month. 

Until next time, 

Happy Crafting




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.