Saturday 12 November 2016

Stampin' Up! Santa's Sleigh Bundle Christmas Card.

Christmas cards are always fun to make and as it gets closer to Christmas I am looking for some quick cards to share with my customers. 
Santa's Sleigh bundle from Stampin' Up!, consisting of 15 stamps in the set and 10 different Thinlits is ideal to use and appeals to all crafters - young and old.

My grand daughter who has just turned 5 had a lot of fun creating this picture for me. First she made the background using the shaving foam technique. She cut the sleigh, tree and reindeer using the Big Shot and glued them down. She added a hand drawn Santa (having a wonderful ride) and drew snow on the tree using a white gel pen. 


I really enjoy children's art!

Getting back to the simple cards, this one is inspired by a card by a demonstrator from the USA, Michelle Reynolds. It uses the die cut reindeer cut in Copper Foil displayed over a background stamp from Stampin' Up!'s "You've Got This" stamp set.

The background is created using the Rock 'n' Roll technique, inking the stamp first with Bermuda Bay then rolling the edges with Versa Mark, prior to sprinkling copper embossing powder over the image. Heat set the copper embossing powder and you have some extra sparkle on the card.


Tie Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine (from the Bakers Twine Trio Pack) around the reindeer neck and add one of the very cute Mini Jingle Bells.  I attached this using the very fine Copper Metallic
Thread.


I added a little extra detail with some faux stitching holes and matted the card front onto a Bermuda Bay card base.

I hope this gives you  some ideas for quick Christmas Cards. If you like the idea of creating lots of these, just imagine them in all different colours, and using both the Silver and Gold Foil and Embossing Powders for variations. 


Do you like what you see and think you'd like to earn some extra income from stamping?  

If you are looking for a hobby, a part or full time job, working from home and at your own pace, AND you love craft, then you should consider doing what I do. It is fun and rewarding.

  See more information on my website or contact me with questions you may have. 
You can join my team on-line. I will be delighted to mentor and guide you as you get started.
Until next time
Happy Stamping



The list of Stampin' Up! products used in this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.