Sunday, 26 March 2017

Avant Garden Cards from Stampin' Up! Sale A Bration Freebies

With just a few more days left of Sale A Bration from Stampin' Up! I decided to highlight one of the sets at my last Stamp A Stack  class. The stamp set I chose is Avant Garden. It is a pretty set with lovely images and nice greetings. I wanted to show my class how versatile the set is and how different style cards for different occasions can be easily made.

Here are all the cards:



I used different colours for each card and different techniques combined with embellishments.
The first card is stamped on water-colour paper.  I used Memento Jet Black ink to stamp the image, and coloured it using an Aqua Painter. Old Olive for the greenery and Rose Red for the flower petals.

  
The detail below shows the water washed background and you may be surprised to know that is done with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. I love how the ink throws out it's base colours when it is mixed with water and you can see here that pinks (reds) and greens emerge from the Chocolate ink. We all know that complimentary colours make neutrals when mixed together, but it always amazes me when I pick up brown from the palette and end up with pink and green on the card!


I tore some layers to create interest, first the water colour paper and then some Whisper White was torn on the opposite angle. This was all wrapped generously with Linen Thread and I took  inspiration from Billie Moan with the multiple bow.

The greeting is stamped on Whisper White then cut out with the Big Shot and a framelit from the Layering Circles Framelit Set and the Stitched Framelit circle 

Don't you just love those Stitched Framelits? I'm so glad I purchased mine when they were available, and I've heard a whisper they might be available again in the next Annual Catalogue.

I'll do a separate post for each of the cards, so check back again this week for information on the others.

As I mentioned at the top of the post - there are only a few more days of Sale A Bration 2017. This is our biggest promotion of the year and that means free products for you. It also means added gifts if you decide to join the Stampin' Up! family. I would love you to join my team - you can read all about joining here. It is an easy on-line application and there are just 5 days left to get 2 additional free stamp sets of your choice in the already fantastic value Starter kit that you customise for yourself.

 Depending on your choice this can be well over $100 of stamps for free and that is in addition to all the heavily discounted items you choose for your Starter Kit. That means potentially over $400 worth for just $169

Happy Stamping!




3 comments:

  1. Do you know why I am unable to pin your lovely cards to my pinterest board?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. I am trying to lean how to make this easy for you - it will just take a while as I'm a bit tech challenged. I'm glad you are enjoying my cards

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects. Best wishes, Ann.