Monday 1 October 2018

Quick Dandelion Wishes with Torn Edge Detail.

Don't you just love the greetings from this Dandelion Wishes stamp set? I think the variety in the fonts is beautiful and works so well with the images.
Today's card is a quick one - easy to create with maximum impact through the strong background colour contrasting with the white embossed image.


I've used a technique I call Double Embossing on this card, but first I'll tell you about the background. It is created by inking up a clear Stampin' Up! block with Highland Heather, then rock 'n' rolling it around the edges with Blackberry Bliss ink. Next you heavily spritz the block with a mix of water and alcohol (water alone is fine but will take longer to dry). Press it quickly onto the A4 Thick Whisper White card and hold in position until you see that most of the ink has transferred to the paper. A few seconds is fine for this.
Assist drying with a heat tool.
The next step is to liberally dust the background with  and Embossing Buddy, stamp the image with Versamark ink and pour Clear Embossing powder over the image. Heat set.
Repeat the process of Versamark and embossing powder using White Embossing powder - stamping slightly to the side of the first image. Heat set.
Add your greeting across the base of this image.


To achieve the torn edge I just tore the paper along the edge of a steel ruler. This was then loosely adhered to Blackberry Bliss card.
This was a popular  card with my classes as it is quite quick and easy to create. 
If you would like further information you may contact me  and if you'd like to try this yourself you can purchase the products from my On-line store by selecting the images below
Until next time,
Happy Stamping



Product List

2 comments:

  1. I love the background color and double embossing technique!...and who can resist 'Dandelion Feathers'? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comment - the background is always fun using this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.