Wednesday 29 May 2019

Bird Ballad Sympathy Card

Sympathy cards are never easy, but I've found the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper gives a lot of scope for creating a variety of cards, including this simple Sympathy Card.

I always tend to over work cards, and I was determined to keep this as simple as possible and with very little stamping involved - just the greeting - this card would be suitable for Beginner Stampers.


The water-coloured images on the DSP are beautiful and embody the freedom of this technique. You will find so many little scenes that can be cut out from one sheet of paper, that you will be able to make multiple cards in one session.

The finished card.


I cut out the background in Whisper White card, using one of the Stitched Rectangles, and used the Stitched Shapes Framelits (circles) to make the detail behind the bird. These 2 sets of framelits are a wonderful investment and you'll find yourself using them over and over again in your card making and scrap pages.


All the components of the card were adhered with Multipurpose glue, and then the front was matted onto a Crumb Cake card base.

The products for this card will be available on my on-line store from June 4, 2019.

This is the list and product numbers you will need. If you live anywhere Australia, you are most welcome to shop via my store!

Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper Pack - 12 x 12  # 149592 -  $20.
Free As A Bird Stamp Set # 151123 - $38.
Whisper White A4 Card  # 106549  - $17. (40 sheets)
Crumb Cake A4 Card  # 121685  $15.25   (24 sheets)
Stitched Rectangles  # 148551  $61.
Stitched Shapes  # 145372  $50
Paper Snips # 103579  $17.

Check back in a couple of days for more samples using the Bird Ballad Suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.