Sunday 2 June 2019

Bird Ballad card with Pinewood Planks 3D

Back again,  and still finding fun ways to use the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper in my cards. Cutting the images is such a quick way to get beautiful cards filled with water-coloured images. It is important to use sharp and easily manipulated scissors for this technique and the Stampin' Up! Paper Snips are perfect for the job. 

They stay sharp - I've had mine for years (about 12 years) and they do a lot of cutting, plus they get shared with my class ladies.

For this card I wanted to add some real tactile texture to the background - something that would compliment the birds and flowers from the paper. Cutting around the images gives a nice edge to the transition between the paper and card stock.



I chose the Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder, and it gave me just the effect I wanted. 
I spritzed a piece of Crumb Cake card stock then placed it in the Pinewood Planks folder before passing it through the Big Shot. I then enhanced the image by dusting over the raised areas with a sponge and Soft Suede ink. 


The greeting is also from the Free As A Bird stamp set that contains 12 cling images for just $38.00.
For a little bit of glam, I added  Wink of Stella on all the flowers. The card base is Crumb Cake. 

If you live in Australia and would like to purchase any of these products you are welcome to use my On-line Store.
Products from the New Annual Catalogue will be on sale from June 4, 2019.

Best Wishes


  
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.