Thursday 6 June 2019

Simple Stampin Techniques - Colour Blocking with In Colors


Hello and welcome to the June Simple Stamping Techniques Blog Hop. 


It's super exciting to have the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue and to be able to share some of the contents with you. I'm in love with the new In Color range so have decided to use them for this months Blog Hop using the Colour Blocking Technique. Here they are arranged in a Mondrian inspired background for a card.



The colours are gorgeous: Purple Posy, Rococo Rose, Terracotta Tile, Pretty Peacock and Seaside Spray.
I used this as a base for a male card.

For today's card I used the Tropical Chic Stamp set and the Tropical Dies, both of which are carrying over from the previous catalogue.


I cut strips of the In Colors and adhered them diagonally onto a piece of Whisper White card stock. I used the leaf dies from the Tropical dies to cut through the foreground before adhering it to a Thick Whisper White card base. The flowers were stamped in Terracotta Tile - stamping off to create 3 different shades of the one colour. It is easy to do this with strong colours like Terracotta Tile - you just keep stamping without re-inking the stamp.



I arranged the flowers with one of the leaf cut outs, over one of the greetings from the Tropical Chic set. The greeting was die cut with the Stitched Circle Framelits and adhered to the background. 
Colour Blocking is a simple technique that enables you to create so many different backgrounds depending on the arrangement of the blocks.

I hope you have enjoyed my take on this technique. Follow along to the next blog to see some more examples created by other Stampin' Up! demonstrators.

Until next time
Happy Crafting




·       Ann Craig - Australia
·       Tamra Davis - USA
·       Libby Dyson - Australia
·       Heike Vass - Germany

--> Product List

1 comment:

  1. love it Ann and love how you used the in colors for this card = they all work so well together dont they!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.