Tuesday 4 June 2019

Stamped and Water-colour Bird Ballad Card

The beautiful water-coloured images in Stampin' Up!'s  Bird Ballad Designer Series Papers are an inspiration to me to do my own stamping and colouring.

This card uses stamps from Free As A Bird cling stamp set of 12 - 6 images and 6 greeting so there is lots of opportunity to create.

I've combined my stamped and coloured images with one of the patterned sheets from Bird Ballad DSP, and added some simple circular shapes cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits.


I adore the freedom of water-colouring, and enjoy all the little watermarks that happen in the colouring process. It's not important to me to have perfectly blended areas, and I love the nuances of transparent layers of different colours. 

The images of the bird, the flowers and the leaves were stamped on Shimmery White card and fussy cut with Stampin' Up! Paper Snips. Then they were layered and placed to flow from the circles through to the background papers.

Colours I used:
Petal Pink
Pool Party
Old Olive
Soft Suede

The finished card:


I hope this series of cards has given you some inspiration and that you will consider purchasing this wonderful stamp set and coordinating products. 

The new Annual Catalogue has a new way of purchasing products:
SUITES - this is where you can purchase all the coordinating products listed for one price and using just one item number.  
For example Bird Ballad Suite # 152190 is found on page 91 and you can purchase all the coordinating products for $164.  
I think this is an awesome way to ensure you don't miss out on anything that works with your chosen stamp set. 


Best Wishes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.