Tuesday 22 October 2019

Beautiful Day Inked Mosaic Technique

The Beautiful Day stamp set by Stampin' Up! is perfect for colouring, not only because of it's lovely large areas and thick outlines, but also because it gives you the option to be realistic or graphic with your style.
Today I have a fun technique for you called Inked Mosaic. You'll need to have some of your leftover cling rubber from stamp surrounds. I always throw mine out, but from now on I'll be keeping them to create lots of different "mosaic" stamps. Just cut the rubber into shapes and create your own mosaic on a clear block. Because of the cling the shapes will stay for as long as you want to keep that design.


 I like the vibrant colours of the Stampin' Up! Blends, so that meant I needed to stamp with a water based ink. Memento Black was my choice so the outlines would work well with mosaic outlines.



This sample shows the Butterfly from the Beautiful Day stamp set, coloured with Blends then stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.



The other image from the Beautiful Day stamp set also works well for this technique, and here you can see the mosaic effect once Memento Black ink is applied and then wiped back to display the image. 
I cut the image and a black border out with the Layering Circles dies, being selective with the cutting near the leaf edge. 

And the final card just had to have some more "stained glass" characteristics, so I added some Graceful Glass Vellum (Clearance Rack) and strips of Basic Black card stock. The greeting is from Band Together stamp set and has script that matches a stained glass theme perfectly.



You can find all the products I used in my On-Line Store or simply click on the images below.  I'm sure you'll enjoy this simple but fun technique.

Until Next Time
Happy Crafting


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.