Sunday 26 January 2020

Peaceful Moments Bundle - Purple Poppies

Hello Stampers,

Today I have a card using the Peaceful Moments bundle that consists of 10 lovely greeting stamps and 16 dies that will create beautiful poppies and backgrounds for your crafting pleasure.


I also used the gorgeous Stone 3-D Embossing folder for the background. This folder is part of a Sale-A-Bration bundle - Power of Hope - that you can get FREE with a $180 order. And yes I did use the back side of the folder as I wanted the outline ridges to stand out.


The card base is Thick A4 Whisper white and the background for the card is Highland Heather that has been embossed with Blackberry Bliss and Gold Embossing powder. 
To achieve this look you randomly ink the inside back of the embossing folder (the side without the SU Logo) using Blackberry Bliss. Pass this through your embossing/cutting machine  and then with a very light touch highlight the raised areas more with a sponge and Blackberry Bliss ink. Allow to dry while you cut out the poppy and leaf images.


In the detail shot you can see the leaves are made of vellum. I've textured these with an embossing folder also. The Highland Heather poppies have been sponged with Blackberry Bliss ink, and the outlines are Blackberry Bliss A4 card. The gold centres for the poppies are made from Gold Foil that has been swiped with Black Archival Ink. Stazon would give the same effect, but I cannot use Stazon.

There are lots of techniques in this card and you could make it in a simpler format, but I hope you've enjoyed seeing this interesting background. It would look awesome in other colours too. 

Sale-A-Bration is the best time of the year to join Stampin' Up! and I would love to welcome you to my group of stampers. See all the additional benefits you receive during Sale-A-Bration, not to mention the ongoing discounts you can get on your crafting supplies. 
Perhaps you'd like to start your own home based business that is creative, fun and rewarding? I have team members all over Australia and we would love you to join us.


https://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000044



Product List

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jill. I think it would look great in a lot of different colours too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.