Friday 7 October 2011

Wheel Magic With Stampin Up.

When I started out stamping, I used these wonderful Stampin' Around Wheels from Stampin' Up! quite a lot, but as I've learned lots of new techniques they seem to have been left idle in the drawer. 

I'm currently teaching some Basic Technique Classes and of course one of those techniques is to use the STAMPIN' AROUND WHEEL.

It has renewed my interest in using them and I find that they help to produce such quick cards or highlights on scrap pages. You can even create your own unique wrapping paper.

The card I'm showing you is a little more advanced than the basic technique - it was the final card after experimenting for a couple of hours. We really enjoyed playing with the wheel - this one in particular - VERY VINTAGE.


First the wheel was inked with Old Olive and  repeated runs were made across the bottom of the card, (this is a technique we were shown at a Stampin' Up! Convention by Shelli Gardner), followed by a couple of runs across the top half of the card.

I used the following Stampin' Up! Classic Inks - TEMPTING TURQUOISE, OLD OLIVE  and EARLY ESPRESSO. 

I love how the Turquoise lifts the other colours . 
And you just can't go past the VICTORIA 5/8 CROCHET TRIM to add Vintage to your cards.







Additional distressing of the edges add to the Vintage feel of this card. I've used stamps from a number of different Stampin' Up! sets including FRIENDS 24/7, FRENCH FOLIAGE and THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

I hope you'll get back to using your Stampin' Around Wheels and try out something a little different with them. Imagine the unique backing papers you can create for all sorts of occasions.

Until then,

Stay Crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.