Tuesday 9 April 2013

French Foliage Birthday Collage

I felt very humble today when one of my new customers requested a class with me as a special treat for her birthday! 
She is learning techniques so quickly, and I loved the one-on-one class where we could discuss the reasons behind various aspects of techniques, colour choices and card design, all while we were stamping and having fun.

I love to challenge my customers to use unusual colour combinations and today we worked in Not Quite Navy, Perfect Plum and River Rock. They are gorgeous together (I think) and the slight neutrals achieved when overlapping helps to create a vintage effect. 

As many of you know I love the Stampin' Up!® stamp set - FRENCH FOLIAGE.  It is just so versatile and after seeing a gorgeous card by one of my fellow demonstrators - Leonie Schroeder
found myself keen to explore more options with this set. 

The first card we did is a Birthday card.

I've added paper piercing, sponging and stampin' off to give a variety of tones of the one colour. Love how this creates the illusion of depth.



I used a BLENDER PEN  to colour in the "i" in the greeting, and added a touch of whimsy by stamping the bee from NATURE WALK  by Stampin' Up!
I don't often stamp the inside of my cards, but we were both enjoying this style of stamping so much that it seemed the right thing to do. Also as the base card is quite dark, it is easier to write a greeting on the lighter background.
This is what I came up with...




I wanted to try out another Stampin' Up! stamp set that I purchased recently - COUNTRYSIDE. 
I thought this set would be wonderful for cards for the boys, but I love the sketchy images - just because I do!
I  wanted my "birthday girl" to experience other shapes within the main shape so decided to use a circle as the stamping base of the next card. It almost feels like I'm peeping through a looking glass!



The details of faux stitching and paper piercing, textured embossing folders, collage stamping, sponging and stamping all show up in this close-up shot. You can also see how I used a BLENDER PEN to drag some of the printed truck outline, around the image to create slight shadows on the vehicle.
And here's the complete, or almost complete card. I'm not sure whether to add a greeting on the front - what do you think?




I hope you like the cards - we had so much fun making them and the time just flew by.

Until Next Time,

Stay Crafty!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.