Friday 7 June 2013

Fun With The Stampin' Spritzer and Re-Inkers

It's been too long since my last post, and I've missed you all. Sadly life gets in the way sometimes.
But I'm back with a fun project that will stretch your creativity and be lots of fun in the process.

FUN WITH THE STAMPIN' UP!® STAMPIN' SPRITZER. 
These little beauties are just $4.95 for 2 and you'll want to get one for each colour re-inker that you own.

Here is the project I did in this weeks TECHNIQUE class. It is a Gate-fold card decorated with the spritzed and stamped panels.



I've used Basic Black card as the base, but let me tell you about the process of creating the panels. 
  1. We started with an A4 sheet of Whisper White card and chose 3-4 colours of re-inker to make up into the sprays.  
  2. You simply pour Isocol (alcohol) into the bottle and add the number of drops of re-inker that will give the desired strength of colour. 
  3. Start with 5 - 10 drops and test the colour on your white card. If you require a darker effect simply add more ink a few drops at a time. 
  4. Repeat this process with each colour so that all your spritzers are ready to use.
  5. Start with your lightest colour and spray randomly over the white card. 
  6. Repeat with each of your colour choices -HINT- the darker the colour the less you spray on!
  7. Remember the colours will lighten a little as they dry.
  8. Choose a stamp set that will compliment the colour range you used and stamp images using the same colour inks.
  9. Make a negative mask that will be the size of the panels you need for each side of the card and move it around the page to find the best sections. (To do this you cut out the shape and retain the outside that acts as a frame that you can move over the panel and see what will be included in your selection)
  10. Trace inside the mask. Cut the panels out and adhere them to the black card.
  11. I needed to sponge the edges of each panel to "seat" it onto the card. (just because....)
  12. Use framelits to create any shape closer and cut out 1 each of the black and decorated shapes.
 You can see the build up of layers and the delicate spritzing in these photos.

Collage stamping is one of my favourite techniques and it just became more interesting by incorporating this technique.

I've used my all time favourite stamp set: FRENCH FOLIAGE and I'm devastated that it is being retired from our catalogue. So if you would like to own it  you'll need to purchase it in the next 3 weeks. You can do this at my on-line store and as a bonus your order will be shipped directly to your door. While you are there have a look at the other promotional specials that we have for you at Stampin' Up! and don't forget if you'd like to discover My Digital Studio, you can download a free trial version.

I hope each of you will roll up your sleeves, prepare to get a bit messy and have loads of fun with this project.

Until Next Time

Stay Crafty,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.