Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wonderful Watercolour

This week's technique class was experimenting with Stampin' Up! images and a variety of watercolour techniques. I could have played all day it was so much fun and every time I stamped I thought of different ways of colouring. Why do we have to eat, do chores and sleep? 

Here are a couple of the cards made today. I like to teach people to try working "outside the box" but as this is often confronting, I start with the more traditional methods of colouring. 


 The simplicity of this image is so appealing and it lends itself to many colourful interpretations. I used my Aqua Painter and Stampin' Write Markers to colour this one.  Stazon Jet Black is stamped onto Water Colour Paper then matted with Basic Black card onto a Naturals White card base.


The detail shows the lovely texture on the water colour paper and the excellent depth of colour you can achieve with Stampin Write Markers and the Aqua Painter.


This next card takes the experimenting to the next level. Stamping, spritzing, overstamping and sponging all play a part. I love the background and the soft effect of spritzing after the image is stamped. Again I used Stazon Jet Black ink for the main imaged the coloured it with an Aqua Painter and ink from Stampin' Up! ink pads. When dry I added white highlights with a White Gel Pen. 


The stamps are from the Happy Watercolour set in the new Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalogue. Item # 133191 (clear mount) It is also available in wood. 

The gorgeous greeting is from the "Another Great Year" set from Stampin' Up! Item # 133034 (wood) and it too is available in clear mount. 

Take a look at the beautiful stamp sets in the new catalogue and contact me for further assistance. 

I have another series of watercolours but I'll leave them for the next post.

Until then

Stay Crafty!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.