Tuesday 29 January 2013

Bird House Boxes

Today I have some cute little Bird House boxes I created for a Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Event in November. I really love how they turned out and although it was a bit of hit and miss to work out the construction method, I finally got there with some experimenting. Actually the houses are not so little and they make a lovely happy statement in my craft room where I display them. You can create any size or shape once you learn the technique and it really is so much fun. 

I'm planning on making some Easter ones next as my little grandson loved these and asked if he could have one for a present.



The smallest house (orange and blue) has a removable roof and can become a really cute gift box.

One of my favourite Stampin Up Designer Series Paper Packs from the Annual Catalogue, is the POLKA DOT PARADE  pack. I just love how it is so happy!
For this project I chose to compliment the papers with Black and White card stock. I purchased the spindles from Bunnings, painted them white and glued them together in a variety of combinations to achieve different heights for my houses.


 The details I added are intended to give personality to each individual "sculpture". I used a variety of Stampin' Up! punches to create the faux window holes, scraps of painted chip board to make the broken picket fence and heart embellishments (cut out with my BIG SHOT  and Stampin Up dies ) and some of the gorgeous Scallop Edge Tulle from the Holiday Catalogue - you better order some of that quickly if you want it, as the Holiday Catalogue finishes in just 3 days time!



Here is a detail photo of the embellishments.


Each chipboard shape has been covered with the Polka Dot Parade DSP and the edges have been sponged with Stampin' Up! Basic Black ink.
Due to popular demand, I will be doing a class on this house building technique in April 2013. If you live in the Canberra region you are welcome to contact me to register.
For details please go to my Demonstrator Business Website and check out the Calendar of Events

Until Next Time,

Stay Crafty!

1 comment:

  1. Ann, your birdhouses look so sweet! Doesn't it make you just want to be out in the garden, no matter what the time of day? LOL Darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.