Tuesday 29 March 2011

In Colors and Embossing Folders

Hi Again,

2 posts today and the day is only half over! I guess that's what happens after an enforced 2 weeks away from card making. 

I have another In Color creation for you, and this time I've used all of the 2010 - 2011 In Color range. Look hard and you'll be able to find Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Peach Parfait and Poppy Parade. I was not sure all these colours would happily go together but now that the card is complete I quite like the end product. 



 I've used a new stamp set from Stampin' Up! called Strength and Hope. You'll find this in the new Autumn/Winter Mini that is absolutely choc full of gorgeous new products, but there is something extra special about this set. 

And that is for every Strength and Hope stamp set sold, Stampin Up will donate $2.00 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  So I'll encourage each of you to have a look at the set and purchase it via your SU demonstrator while it is available (until July 31st, 2011)

You'll notice in the detail photos that this set includes a stamp with script, a gorgeous flourish, a very pretty butterfly and an "H" for hope monogram. Each of these stamps can be used with many other sets and they look great together too. This is just typical of the versatility you get from SU.



 This detail photo shows how I've used the Square Lattice, Petals A Plenty and Perfect Polka Dots embossing folders to create a variety of textures on the card. You'll also note the use of the punches: Photo Corners Extra Large and Large Tag. Don't you just love punches? They make things so quick and easy. I've tied a little Linen Thread around the embossed strip and finished off with one of the smaller brads from the divine Antique Brads Collection, available in the current Idea Book and Catalogue




This detail shot shows the script background that I printed in Blushing Bride, the flourish stamped twice in Peach Parfait to obtain a mirror image, then coloured in some places with a blender pen and Pear Pizzazz. The butterfly was stamped, using Concord Crush, onto the card then re stamped on another piece of white, cut out, sprayed with my home made Shimmer Mist (Platinum) and raised up on Dimensionals for a little height. Note the reddish tinge on the butterfly - this happens when you use a blender pen and drag any of the purple range colours from the stamped image.

That's all for now,

Stay Crafty and join us for "jac-inks" Challenge # 5



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.