Tuesday 29 March 2011

"In Color" Plus One

I told you the card making bug had bitten - this is my third post for the day. 

I finished most of my chores and have just a few moments before getting dinner, so thought I'd try a quick and easy card using just one In Color - Blushing Bride, and one Neutral - Soft Suede.

I've always like the look of this Hostess Free stamp set from Stampin' Up!® but this is the first time I've used it and I'm liking how easy it is to get a great effect with just a single stamp, a blender pen and some inks. The stamp set is called "Because I Care" and consists of 5 stamps. 




Isn't it a lovely image? 
I've stamped the leaves twice, and cut them out to add a little dimension to the card. The greeting was simply punched out with the Full Heart Extra Large punch and sponged around the edges.




This detail shows the divine new Embossing folder "Framed Tulips" that gives you deeply embossed floral accents to border your images. Love, love love it! 
I've added some white highlights to the Hydrangea flower with my White Gel Pen and darkened some of the centres using a Stampin Write Marker. 




A little sponging with Soft Suede, some highlights with Blushing Bride ink and a Blender Pen and completing the card with a Vintage Brad and some Linen Thread tied around some Chocolate Satin Ribbon and I was all finished in about 25 minutes. Must be one of my quickest cards I've ever made!

If you'd like more information on any of the techniques or Stampin' Up!® products I've used for this card you can contact me via my Demonstrator Business Website.

I'm always happy to share with other crafters so until next time

Stay Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.