Thursday 23 April 2015

Grand Vacation Hawaii Blog Hop



Welcome to the Stampin' Up! Grand Vacation Achievers Hawaii Blog Hop. You have just hopped here from Bec's blog, and I'm sure you are loving all the tropical inspiration so far. Isn't it fabulous?

I'm excited to be participating, as this is my first ever blog hop, and I'm equally thrilled to be joining some really awesome demonstrators in showing what I have created.

I've just started to enjoy Stampin' Up's offerings for Project Life Memory Keeping. I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but I'll put that down to loving to create 12" x 12" scrap pages and not quite knowing how I'd manage the Project Life system. So I thought I'd combine the 2 methods - some 12 x 12 pages to showcase my favourite large photos and lots of Project Life pages to document the fun vacation that we will share with other Stampin Up demonstrators.

For my contribution to the Stampin' Up! Grand Vacation Hawaii Blog Hop I have created a 12" x 12" "front page" that will introduce loads of pages of photos that I intend to take while in Hawaii. Memories from my previous visit (a long time ago) are of beautiful sunsets and colourful flowers, so they have been my inspiration.

I used Petite Petals, Flower Shop and Petal Potpourri stamp sets to create the flowers, and combined them with matching punches: Petite Petals, Pansy and Flower Medallion. Many of the flowers have been coloured with classic inks and a Blender Pen.


The back ground is created with a brayer starting with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink then adding Rose Red, Perfect Plum and Tempting Turquoise for the sky area. The horizon and moon are masked, and background stamping in Blackberry Bliss and Tempting Turquoise provides some foliage as a backdrop for the punched out flowers. I have used Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron for the sea, and I sponged additional colour to darken the lower right hand corner.


Working out where to put the flowers! Also time to sponge some colour onto the "moon".


The triple layer flowers have dimensionals between the layers to add height and texture to the layout. I have prepared spaces for Holiday dates using the Handpicked Framelits dies, and created a space for my photo by placing Whisper White over Vellum.

A little bit of bling behind the title and on the centres of some flowers.


And the final product. Just waiting for a lovely photo to be added in the space provided.



Now for some more Tropical Inspiration, select the "Next Blog" button and hop on over to Vanessa's blog

Thanks for stopping by.....



47 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Janet - this has been a wonderful first time blog hop experience and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in Hawaii.

      Delete
  2. oh.my.goodness. WOW!! I love every single detail!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my page Selene. It was fun to make. See you in Hawaii!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Patty. The blog hope has been a really good experience.

      Delete
  4. Anne I totally adore this page! Love the brayering, layout and the flowers - my goodness they are perfect!! Beautiful!! Thanks for being part of the blog hop, see you soon!
    Cheers
    Shanni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Shanni - was fun to do and didn't take too much time. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone in Hawaii.

      Delete
  5. Oh My! Such a beautifully detailed page. It is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Marlene. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person in Hawaii.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the trip, but my what a beautiful album you will have when all the pictures and pages are completed. Love, love, love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay. I can't wait to get more pictures and hope I can get a perfect one for this page.

      Delete
  7. beautiful job on this project it's just STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Sandi. What fun it has been to "meet" all these talented demonstrators. Bring on Hawaii!

      Delete
  8. No words for this absolutely STUNNING piece of art! LOVE. That is the word that I can utter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. It will be fun to see if my memories of Hawaii are accurate. Looking forward to meeting you there.

      Delete
  9. WOW!! What a Work of Art!!! Gobsmacked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is a true compliment coming from you Alisa. It was fun and combines lots of techniques - just what I like doing. See you in Hawaii.

      Delete
  10. That's fantastic, you've put so much work into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Rebecca. It really didn't take much time!
      Aloha!

      Delete
  11. Wow, Ann, you put in a lot of time and talent here! Absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my page and thanks for the lovely comment. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in Hawaii

      Delete
  12. A true Artiste!Love your work Ann :) Can't wait to see you next week!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ness. Yes looking forward to next week on the Gold Coast. I have my swaps done for that but not GV. Eek!

      Delete
  13. Wow Ann! Such a fantastic idea, and you've perfectly recreated a Hawaiian sunset for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Linda - let's hope the sunsets are amazing when we get there.

      Delete
  14. Holy flowers, Batman!!!! Amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha! A lady with a sense of humour. Thanks for your comment and for visiting my page.

      Delete
  15. Ann, WOW! What a wonderful use of these beautiful flowers. THIS is how I think Hawaii will look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brian, I hope this is how Hawaii will look!

      Delete
  16. Fabulous...eye catching. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment - let's hope Hawaii gives us some beautiful sunsets while we are there.

      Delete
  17. My goodness Ann, this is stunning! So bright and fun! So many flowers and the perfect sunset for an Hawaiian themed page. Gorgeous job Ann. Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, You have been so wonderful with setting up this blog hop and giving your time to those of us who are tech challenged. It has been a fabulous experience. I want more!

      Delete
  18. This is amazing, I love everything about this!! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb, just a little over 2 weeks and we'll be away from this cold weather.

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Thank you Marelle, I've really enjoyed seeing all the wonderful and different styles on the blog hop. See you in Hawaii.

      Delete
  20. Yes do make the flowers - they are quick and easy and give a wow effect. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOWZIE! Your page is stunning . Love the sunset and all those beautiful flowers Hugs
    Dawn Griffith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, I hope we get to meet in Hawaii.

      Delete
  22. This is like a beautiful painting. Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you did all those gorgeous flowers. Looking forward to meeting you in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE your page. Thanks for sharing. See you in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my!!!! what a beautiful work of art! I can not image how much work and love went into all of those flowers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is absolutely gorgeous, the colours are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Incredible Ann - you have put so much work into that project. Thanks so much for taking part in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  27. so gorgeous! that is truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.