Thursday 10 December 2015

Water Colour Partridge Christmas Card

... "And a partridge in a pear tree" - such a lovely line from a great song that perfectly describes this Christmas card I made recently.

I purchased this Stampin' Up! stamp set when it first came out  - I love the illustration and could see it would make a quick card for Christmas. My idea was to heat emboss the image and then water colour select areas to highlight the partridge and the pears.


The detail shows the colouring technique, and the little gold glittery highlights are made with the Fine Tip Glue Pen and the Stampin' up! Gold Glitter.
I used an Aqua Painter and classic inks. Colours are Crushed Curry, Tangering Tango, Island Indigo and Rich Razzleberry.

A couple of hints:
Make sure you use your embossing buddy on the white card stock before embossing with black.
Always start with the lightest colour when using water colour in confines spaces like this.
Mat and frame your card in colours that coordinate with the image.

Until next time

Happy Stamping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.