Monday 4 October 2010

MOJO Monday Challenge 158

Hi everyone. I have a fairly quiet day today so thought I might prepare for another challenge. This one over at Mojo Monday caught my eye. Isn't it great and it can be either circular or square! Here is the sketch. It's just screaming "Christmas" to me so I'd better go see what I can make of it!


This traditional Christmas image is an old favourite, and luckily is still available in the current Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue. It is called "Christmas Cheer" and has 3 stamps in the set, including the holly that I used at the bottom of the card. 


I was hoping for a better photo of the card but I  needed to take it inside - suffice it to say that I've used Whisper White and Pacific Point classic inks for my main colours.

Other products used are the Big Shot and an embossing folder that was inked before being put through the Big Shot. This is a great way to achieve 2 (or more) colours with a textured background. 

A blender pen was used to drag the colour of the image around from the initial stamping. I love how easy it is to do this, you don't need any extra ink, as the blender pen works well with the ink from the stamped image. This enables you to get more shading in the image. 

I used some of the new White Satin Ribbon and pleated it randomly along a piece of sticky strip that was applied to the card. I love this effect - just a bit different to the "old bow" that pops up everywhere. 



The rhinestones are actually brads, but they have quite thick and long "pins" at the back, so I used my Stampin' Up! Craft & Rubber Scissors to snip these off and attached the tops with a couple of Mini Glue Dots.  Did you know that these fabulous scissors cut metal? That makes them very handy.


I've also used some of the new Basic Rhinestones from Stampin' Up! on the holly leaves at the bottom of the card.  They are gorgeous - self adhesive and come in 3 sizes. You get 150 for $AU 9.50.

A White Gel Pen has been used to highlight parts of the holly, and Craft White Ink was sponged around the edges of the card.


I'm disappointed at how the colours have come up in this card so will probably take some more photos tomorrow. However, to make sure I'm on time for entering the challenge these will do for now. 

I love these traditional Christmas images but the irony never really escapes me that in Australia we are usually sweltering in the heat at Christmas time. I've experienced 2 wonderful Christmases in the USA in my lifetime - both with snow and all the trimmings, so perhaps that is where my inspiration lies. 

I hope you enjoy the card, and thanks for stopping by.

 





1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann,
    Came across your Good Cheer card in Pacific Point. I have been struggling with the stamp since I purchased it last Xmas, after seeing your technique on this one and "A wish for Peace" I am going to pull both stamps out and have a go.

    Thanks again for the inspiration.
    Your Fan
    Wendy Reed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.