Sunday 20 February 2011

Simple Brayer and Silhouette Card.

I love Brayering. However I still find it extremely difficult to be confident that my backgrounds will turn out how I expect.

This card is a great way to start using your brayer as it is such a small area to cover, and you can experiment with a whole host of colour combinations to create different looks. For this example I used So Saffron, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point.

First you'll need to cut a mask - I used my Circle Scissors Plus to get just the right size and position for my design.



Starting with the lightest colour, load the brayer and roll it half way through the circle. Continue adding your colours, being careful to allow for inconsistent coverage, and you'll end up with something like this. Notice the white rim? That is caused because of the thickness of the card stock used for the mask. It should be of no consequence as you'll be adding more card later, but if you prefer, you can use some of the thinner grid paper or plain copy paper.
And yes, it's fine to practice on the scrap to see how the ink is coming off the brayer.


Next I stamped some silhouette images from the Level 1 Hostess Set "Silhouette Sentiments". I then added some dry embossed card to hide any untidy images. Be sure to cut out the circle before you dry emboss the card - it's very difficult to do it the other way!


Stamp your greeting along the bottom of the card, add a few highlights to the silhouette images with a White Gel Pen, tie some 3.2 mm Black Taffeta Ribbon and finish off with a large red button from the Designer Buttons Brights collection.


Such a fun card to make, and so easy to change by using different colours for the brayered background and a different coloured button. I can't wait to see what the girls come up with.

Until next time 

Stay Crafty 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.