Sunday 5 June 2011

Big Shot and Fabric Card.

Hi, today I have some photos for you showing the card we made yesterday at my Big Shot and Fabric Creative Camp. It was such a wonderful day - a bit miserable outside but so perfect for stamping and creating. We made  a number of projects - starting basic than developing our creative ideas and techniques.

We were shown some of these techniques at our recent Stampin' Up!® Convention by one of our very talented demonstrators, Vanessa Webb. I met Vanessa 5 years ago when we were both quite new to demonstrating and it has been wonderful to see her create a fantastic business from her passion of stamping. Hop on over to have a look at her work, or if you live in the Woolongong area, give her a call!


Here is our first project: - A card embellished with embossed fabric butterflies.



The fabric is attached to some regular card stock using the Everywhere Glue Stick from Stampin' Up! This glue adheres fabric really well and can be used immediately. The card and fabric were then cut with the Stampin' Up! exclusive Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die. Gotta love that die!  - it's so versatile and really pretty too. The butterfly shapes were placed in the Finial Press Embossing Folder (another Stampin' Up! exclusive product) and run through the Big Shot to give added dimension and interest to the shape. Then I added some self adhesive half pearls from the Basic Pearls product. I love this size pearl for these projects as they are connected together and can be used in a line or cut individually.

The card itself is made from Rose Red card stock with a Square Lattice embossed panel adhered to the front and a Scallop Trim Border along the opening edge. Can you see the different effects gained by repositioning the border trim?


Other products used are: Crochet Trim, Vintage Brads, White Gel Pen, Heart to Heart Punch. 

So, this is just a peek at what we did.  I'll add the next project in a future post.
If you would like to join my next class on Fabric and the Big Shot (Sunday 19th June, 2011) please contact me via my DBWS
You are most welcome but will need to book your space. Cost is $45.00 payable by Direct Deposit (contact me for details)  Places are limited and will be allocated on receipt of payment.

Cost for the day includes lunch, choccies and creative inspiration! So come and join the fun. I can't wait for the next creative camp day and will be trying so many more fabric and Big Shot projects between now and then. 

Until then,

Stay Crafty!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann, I love this card. I thought of your class often yesterday, wishing I could be there, and was eargerly awaiting your posts today. Please show us more!!!! Ceshton

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.