Thursday 23 June 2011

Butterflies and Hope

Hello everyone, 

I have been doing a series of Butterfly cards lately. 

Most of the cards use one or more stamps from the Strength and Hope stamp set from Stampin' Up!® This is a very versatile set that includes a gorgeous butterfly and a beautiful scroll that can be used in so many ways. There is also a lovley medallion "Hope" stamp and some encouraging words that work beautifully as a background or as a focal point. 

Stampin' Up! has committed to donate $2.00 from the sale of each stamp set to the cause of Breast Cancer research so it is a Win Win situation. - You get a lovely set of stamps and at the same time help in the fight against Breast Cancer.


My card today is one I created using an embossed fabric butterfly. I am loving working with fabric and card stock together. 



The textures, colours and patterns add a different dimension to my cards and the technique is so easy. 

I adhere the fabric to a piece of card - usually Crumb Cake or Natural Ivory
using the Anywhere Glue Stick,
Run the lot through my Big Shot with the Beautiful Butterflies Stampin' Up! exclusive Bigz Die.
 Choose an embossing folder and pass the butterfly image through the Big Shot again.
Add some pearls to highlight and your butterfly is complete.

The words are stamped twice on an angle and the shape is punched with the Decorative Label XL Punch



And here is the final card.

Colours are Always Artichoke and Rose Red - they matched the fabric perfectly! 

Card stock is Confetti White, Whisper White and Always Artichoke
Ink is Rose Red
Embossing Folders used are: Lattice Square, Elegant Lines and Vintage Wallpaper
Punches: Decorative Label XL Punch, 3.2 cm Circle, Scallop Trim Border.
Accessories: Linen Thread, Basic Pearls, Twill Tape. Stampin' Sponges.

Stay tuned for some more butterfly creations - now that Blogger is letting me load photos again I should be able to catch up on some posts.

Until next time

Stay Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.