Thursday 22 September 2011

Stampin Up Christmas Card Stamp A Stack Class September 2011


Somewhere in blog land I saw this unusual combination of Stampin' Up!® colours, and fell for them straight away. And with a Christmas Card Stamp A Stack looming, I thought I'd give them a try.

Here are the results:

Card number 1:

I love to water colour and find the Stampin' Up! water colour paper excellent to use.

Simply stamp the image using Stazon Jet black Ink, get out your favourite Stampin' Write Marker Colours and paint to your hearts content.


HINT:  Don't overwork your colouring - just add a tiny dab of marker close to a stamped line and let the water from an AQUA PAINTER  blend it out. Leave white areas of the paper as your highlight, and don't worry about watermarks. They are characteristic of water colour painting and add to the charm of this technique.


Textured and torn layers of card added to the feel I wanted to create with these cards. And you just can't go past the wonderful Stampin' Up! Background Stamp: SANDED. I love it - too bad it has now retired! Notice the small sections of the Sanded stamp around the painted image. It along with sponging, soften and age the water-colour paper.

The second card uses a different stamp from this lovely set that I bought last time I visited friends in the USA. Unfortunately it never came to our Australian Catalogues, but I love it just the same.

Card 2:


Again textured backgrounds created with the BIG SHOT  and EMBOSSING FOLDERS add wonderful layers and depth to the card.


Some LINEN THREAD and a stamp from the Stampin Up CLEAR MOUNT stamp set CURLY CUTE  add details that help create a unique card.


And don't you just love these tiny SAFETY PINS. They are part of the Stampin' Up! VINTAGE TRINKETS  embellishment set.

Card 3:


The unusual colour combination for both card stock and inks for all of these cards is:
PEACH PARFAIT
SOFT SUEDE
RICH RAZZLEBERRY
was teamed with Very Vanilla

If water-colouring is not your favourite technique, you could quite easily colour these and other Christmas images in solid colour using your STAMPIN' WRITE MARKERS.  Colouring In is such a relaxing past time.



so until next time,

Stay Crafty,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.