Tuesday 28 August 2012

Stampin Up New Catalogues Are Nearly Here.

Only 4 days to go before we can purchase some of the wonderful goodies from the new Stampin' Up!® Catalogues.

I've been frantically busy lately with more interstate travel plus participating in the Canberra Craft Fair and I think it all caught up with me because I just needed a rest. However I've had a little time to play with some of my pre-ordered Stampin' Up! products.

I don't know about you, but the moment I saw the ornament on the front of the Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalogue I just knew I had to make some of them. We had a team meeting on the weekend and one of the projects I prepared was to make an ornament and this is a detail of what I came up with.


I used some of the new Designer Series Paper - Festival of Prints and chose different shaped Framelits to the ones used on the Occasions Catalogue cover. Also I have not yet obtained any of the  Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, but I found the retiring Filigree Designer Brads will do the trick nicely when piled on top of each other.


One of the new products that I know I'm going to use over and over is the Scalloped Tulle Ribbon. It is so soft and suitable for so many different ways of being used. I've used the Cherry Cobbler in this sample and it matches the colours in the papers to perfection. I just love how all the Stampin' Up!® products coordinate - it makes life so easy when making little changes to projects.

I'll be holding classes to make different varieties of these ornaments, so if you would like to join me please contact me or call 0412 544 522 for further details. Classes are held in the Canberra region.

If you own a hot glue gun and like to use it on various projects then you must think about purchasing one or more Silicone Craft Sheets. I used mine for this project and I'll be buying a few more of them for classes. The mats make life so easy as you can just add a big dob of glue direct to the sheet and then work with your shapes using 2 hands. When it has cooled the shape just peels off.  This also works well for Crystal Effects and Snail (found that out by making a mistake!)

I wanted to try a Vintage version too, so just changed the colours and shapes slightly. Of course there was a little sponging added to the papers and I used a pre-made rosette using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool as the centre piece of the ornament.


This time I used the Crumb Cake Tulle which is more understated than the Cherry Cobbler.


I think a little sprinkling of gold glass glitter will finish this off nicely. I've used a Antique Brad to highlight the centre of the ornament.

I can't wait to make these in a lot of different colours, and after the initial efforts of the first one, I found the 2nd sample much quicker to construct. I'm looking forward to being able to purchase the coordinating stamp set - Ornament Keepsakes, and having the ability to create in the full range of Stampin' Up! colours.

If you'd like further information please contact me via my Demonstrator Business Website

Until Next Time,

Stay Crafty and Stay Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.