Thursday 1 May 2014

Stampin Up Easter Tulips & Watercolour Technique

I say it often but I'll say it again - I love water-colouring and I love Stampin' Up! products.
Today I have a very quick card that packs a lot of impact due to it's strong colour and simple design.


This stamp actually comes with the greeting attached to the stamp, but I cut the greeting off and mounted it on a separate block so I had the ability to use the tulip image by itself.

The stamp set is called "Blessed Easter" from Stampin' Up! 
I used Stazon Jet Black ink to stamp the outline onto watercolour paper and then coloured the image with Stampin' Write Markers and an Aqua Pen. 

The image was then matted onto black card and finally attached to a Note Card from Stampin' Up! These note cards and envelopes are really convenient as they come in a pack of 20 pre-scored cards with matching envelopes.

I tried these in a few different colours as well and think they make a lovely little gift set.


The texture of the water colour paper provides the perfect backdrop for colouring and it doesn't matter if the colour bleeds a little outside the image lines - it all adds to the spontaneity of  this technique.

You will need the following Stampin' Up! products to create these cards


Note Cards & Envelopes #131527 $9.95
Blessed Easter Stamp #133212  $20.95
Aqua Painters #103954 $19.95
Many Marvelous Markers #131264 $1889.95
Water Colour Paper # 122959  $8.95
If you would like to give this project a try, you can order these products from my on-line store:


They will be posted directly to you, and Hostess Benefits apply for qualifying orders.

 Until Next Time

Happy Stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you found something to inspire your creativity. Let me know you have visited by leaving a comment. I would love to hear what you think about my craft projects.
Live in Australia? You can purchase Stampin' Up! products via my On-Line Store?
Best wishes, Ann.